Author is not an alien

Author is not an alien
I write because we had deleted enough

Sunday, October 20, 2013

I WISH I HAD SMART SURAKSHA

One fine day ,i was new to Delhi ,it was the month of december ,the foggy winters ,the beautiful mornings i loved Delhi- every little part of it ,every historical place ,the evening stroll at Lodhi Gardens and was always amazed anyone advised me to stay safe in Delhi,i always thought dilliwaale welcome you with open hands until one day i had my own little brush with truth
Some of my friends were passing by Delhi from the old dilli railway station and they wanted to meet me .At 7 in the morning i took an auto rickshaw chatting the whole way with him,the weather was beautiful ,the dusty lanes of old delhi started ,i looked at my watch it was  8.15 .Damn i thought this is taking a hell lot of time i inquired from auto driver ,his uncertain reply made me a little suspicious 
i opened up browser and Googled the whole  way to old delhi railway station and yeah i got replies that it takes only 30-40 minutes This frightened me for the first time in my Delhi stay ,suddenly all those" Breaking News" started flashing before my eyes ,i asked the driver to stop ,He didn't .yes he didn't saying the station is nearby while my smartphone was telling me it was still 7 kms away ,I screamed but he didn't stop and i jumped from the auto being in a small lane it was already slow he looked back ,saw an auto coming from behind and ran away
i was a little injured and completely refused to take any help from that auto driver who was a sardarji he said that he has a daughter of my age and wanted to help but could i really trust any new stranger? i walked up to the nearby shop,called my sister and waited only to meet an worried sister later saying"Don't step out in Delhi alone" have i heard this earlier..........a million times
I wish i had a smart suraksha app that day because i was lucky enough to escape .may be i could not,may be i could.its an app that sends an instant message with your location to 5 pre
saved numbers........the thoughts of that day still makes me shudder 

Believe me girls its always better to be safe and secure because Delhi is not that bad after all ,it has helping people and a few bad ones too,but then you always have smart suraksha app
 I am participating in the Seeking Smart Suraksha contest at BlogAdda.com in association with Smart Suraksha App
 I am participating in the Seeking Smart Suraksha contest at BlogAdda.com in association with Smart Suraksha App


1 comment:

  1. I am relieved and sad that such thing really happened to you , but your smart thinking in the panic situation and bravery helped you .

    the app with out presence of mind and will power is just an app like any other , the quick thinking and coolness are unfortunately not easy to come by in Panic situation.

    I really hope nobody should ever face a situation where they are forced to use Suraksha app .

    ReplyDelete