Author is not an alien

Author is not an alien
I write because we had deleted enough

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Go Hug your DADDY

In the mad rush to everything big , we forget life’s little joys – the joy of a bear hug.I look back on father’s day and miss my dad , being away from family for a long time I miss the little joys that filled our childhood. I miss dad when I see a father taking his daughter to park, I miss dad when I see a child throwing tantrums for another ice cream, I want to wrap my arms around my father when I feel low and devastated because I know only he has that magic wand that would make my problems disappear. I want to hug my dad when my driver speaks of working overtime to ensure a good future of his son and I remember my dad working day and night and never saying a no to all our stupid demands. I have been a daddy’s girl , a self declared daddy’s girl when my applications for outings went to mom through dad (I want to hug you dad for always convincing maa for the same ) , for never questioning my decision to take up writing as a career over medical .Today when someone appreciates me of the woman I am , I know its my dad and only my dad behind this , so I want to hug him and say him thank you for making me what I am today.



I love you Daddy………..Happy Father’s Day

Few lines that I wrote for my papa


जब किसी बच्ची को देखती हूँ जिद करते 

बंद जारों में राखी टॉफी के लिए
 
या फिर उन शैतान निगाहों को 

जो कंधे पर बैठने के लिए रोने का नाटक करती हैं 

जब देखती हूँ आइसक्रीम की ख़ारिज अर्जी
 
माँ से पापा के पास पहुँचते 

जब बात करती हूँ ऑटो रिक्शा वाले से 

और उसके बोलते सपने 

कि बिटिया को डॉक्टर बनाऊंगा
 
जब किसी अनपढ़ मजदूर की आँखें चमक उठती हैं
 
बेटी को अंग्रेजी में बात करते देख कर 

जब किसी बेटी की विदाई में 

डबडबा जाती हैं आंखें पर रोया नहीं जाता 

तो हर उस पल मुझे याद आते हैं पापा 

हर बेटी में दिखता है मुझे मेरा चेहरा 

और हर पिता लगता है एक जैसा 

कुछ अनकहा सा अबोला सा रिश्ता है 

पापा की परी कहूँ या Daddy’s Girl 

शब्दों की परिधि में समेटना मुमकिन नहीं
 
ये सफ़र है पापा से hero बनने का 

जो होता है सबसे ख़ास 

सबसे अलग 

This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the 
#HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.I loved this ad of #Vicks which without saying anything says a lot :


1 comment:

  1. The landscape of blogs and articles is continually evolving. New trends in content creation, such as interactive content and long-form articles, influence the way information is presented and consumed. VPN Gaming Trial Both formats must adapt to changing audience preferences and technological advancements.

    ReplyDelete